måndag, november 26, 2007

Quote of the Week

"It would seem logical to assume that common ingestible ingredients like olives or soy would naturally be healthier for the skin and body than hard-to-pronounce, multisyllabic industrial cosmetic ingredients like the preservative methylchloroisothiazolinone. But representatives for the government and the beauty industry, as well as some environmental activists, acknowledge that there is no published scientific proof to support the notion that plant-based cosmetics are safer, healthier or more effective for people."

NY Times, Nov 1, 2007. Author unknown.

Okay, not exactly the quote from this week. I save things I think I might want to read should the sky ever open up and dump on everyone else giving me some peace. I've lost the front page and hence byline of the piece along the way.

Organic food inside, chemicals on the surface, and a toast to hoping that somehow they synergize in a good way somewhere at the dermis level.